Nicotine cessation aids don’t work!
The public health organisations have lied to you.
The National Health Service has lied to you.
The pharmaceutical companies have lied to you.
What’s the lie?
That nicotine cessation aids work.
- Pfizer is currently running a campaign to stop smokers from quitting cold turkey.
- The NHS gives out big pharm sponsored literature on smoking cessation aids.
- Stop smoking organisations are paid by pharmaceutical companies to market quit smoking products to you.
In fact, a new survey reveals that using nicotine patches or gum has no effect on cessation rates.
- between two-thirds and three quarters of smokers have quit unaided
- most cessation studies have been funded by the same companies which are trying to sell you smoking cessation aids
- the most effective way to quit is cold turkey
Of course, as this blog pointed out a few days ago, we already knew cessation aids didn’t work…