Tell Us What You’d Buy for 10 Chances to Win an E-Cigarette Kit

This post, and this competition, was inspired by a lady who Jean, our MD, met while at a trade show.

The lady had bought an electronic cigarette from us a year before, and was being very disciplined about using it to save money.

“So far,” she told Jean, “I’ve bought an American fridge-freezer, a dishwasher and a halogen hob.”

Modern kitchen.

The Money Saving Potential of the E-Cigarette

We’ve asked people before to share stories of how much money they have saved with electronic cigarettes – based on the principle that it is always better to hear from actual vapers (people who use e-cigarettes) than it is from retailers.

In March, I interviewed Jackie from UK Vapers in Beating the VAT Rise with Electronic Cigarettes, and in April we got users to share how much money they were saving.

This time, though, we wanted to do something a little different.

What have you done, or what would you do, with the money you have saved

Money is great, but most of us want money for what it can do, not for what it is.

It might be for holidays, to get out of debt, to put towards your retirement (according to the Motley Fool saving just £6.28 a day can make all the difference!) or to buy things for your house.

So we want you to tell us what you have done with the money saved.

What you can win!

We normally give out two kits in our competitions.

But this time we are giving away ten Smoker’s HALO Midi Kits.

But there’s a caveat :) We need to get at least 50 entries this time, otherwise we’ll be handing out two kits like normal. So please share this competition – because the more people enter, the more chances you will have of winning. (Plus, of course, your friends will also get a chance to win a super kit which users love!)

Incidentally, we are currently having a massive sale on the HALO MIDI (more than 50% off!) – see this blog post for details, and for why we have cut the price down so low.

How to Enter

To enter our competition, simply leave a comment on our Facebook page here telling us what you have or (if you haven’t got a kit yet) will spend your money savings on. Alternatively, if you really don’t like Facebook, write your entry somewhere else on the net leaving the url below.

Half the entries will be judged based on the number of Facebook likes they get, and half will be picked randomly. The competition will close on Saturday 4th September.

Click here to get started :)

Update: The competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered – we will be choosing the winners tomorrow.

How much could YOU save?

Work out your savings with our electronic cigarette calculator!

Note: Image above from Home Decorating World

Tags: , ,

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Tell Us What You’d Buy for 10 Chances to Win an E-Cigarette Kit”

1. Ivan Flack August 29, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

Kept the money in a separate account and have accumulated a “not-so small fortune”. Going to treat my wife and kids to some new clothes and a nice meal out – since they put up with my new “not so cheap” hobby of vaping…!!!

2. amanda campbell August 30, 2011 at 11:41 am #

After doing the math between me and my husbands money wasted on cigarettes we save over $400.00 dollars a month, we use probably about $120.00 dollars a month now on just supplies and up keep of vaping, big diffrence. Since we both quit smoking, we now own a laptop, big screen tv, and were able to pay off some really old debt. Its great, but with having more money we are just puting it towards other everyday stuff now, more grocerys a month and with the economy the way it is, its really nice not spending that much money a month on cigarettes. Not to mention i dont have to pay for prescriptions for COPD medicine anymore because i can breath!!!! savings all around!

3. michael hopkins September 1, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

i ahve saved my tobacco money up,and have been on a once in lifetime holiday with my wife to celebrate our anniversary.i could not have done it without stopping smoking and going on to e-cigarettes which i have been on now 2 years,thank you e-cigarettes.

4. marv September 1, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I quit smoking with the Intellicig ecig. I save around £80 per month ! !

5. spacekitty September 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

FYI – This link on the page doesn’t work…

“Click here to get started :)”

6. admin September 1, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Oops, thanks Space Kitty. Now corrected!

Marv, a lot of our customers used to use Intellicig…

7. Shawn September 2, 2011 at 4:17 am #

I use the $6 per day I save by not buying cigarettes to get my son’s hair dreads. He’s 15 and he asked me all summer if he could get dreads. I know that they cost a ton of money because it’s a montly visit to the barger for 4-5 months in a row. I decided to go ahead and do it because he thanked me for giving up cigarettes. Honestly that was pretty much the only thing he said to me all summer that was a complete sentence. Anyway, his dreads look amazing and he’s happy. That makes me happy and my house and car also smell good for a change.

8. Phil January 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

I wanted to try and stop my son from smoking and because I smoked this was difficult.
    But since using Ecig I have stopped and am saving money and also the health of my son because he now is a ecig user…. Win Win I think..

1. How Electronic Cigarette Users Use Their Savings: What You Said (and Who Won!) - February 26, 2012

[…] According to our last estimate, made before the last VAT increase in the UK, smokers can save £1860 a year by switching to e-cigarettes. However, estimates are just estimates, so we decided to ask vapers what they thought. Last time we asked how much e-cig users were spending – this time we asked how you were using the money! […]