1. Smoking is the leading cause of statistics.
2. My rule of life prescribed as absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
3. Remember, if you smoke after sex you’re doing it too fast.
4. Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.
5. I make it a rule never to smoke while I’m sleeping.
6. If smoking is not allowed in heaven, I shall not go.
7. I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.
8. I’m not really a heavy smoker any more. I only get through two lighters a day now.
9. Non-smokers…die every day. Sleep tight!
10. “I tried to stop smoking cigarettes by telling myself I just didn’t want to smoke, but I didn’t believe myself”
11. Now the only thing I miss about sex is the cigarette afterward. Next to the first one in the morning, it’s the best one of all. It tasted so good that even if I had been frigid I would have pretended otherwise just to be able to smoke it.
12. A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke
13. A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?
14. …when I don’t smoke I scarcely feel as if I’m living. I don’t feel as if I’m living unless I’m killing myself.
15. I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.
16. I have seen many a man turn his gold into smoke, but you are the first who has turned smoke into gold.
Anti-smoking has aroused a passion in some individuals which has lead to some very over-the-top remarks – as can be seen below. (To be fair, we have chosen the most dramatic here!)
17. Smoking is a custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and in the black, stinking fume thereof nearest resembling the horrible Stygian smoke of the pit that is bottomless.
18. Everything is not fine. You violate our bodies. You give us pain. You’re no better than a rapist. Until you come to your senses, you are the enemy.
(Read the full quote here.)
19. …why do people addicted to inhaling an insecticide (not only is it a common ingredient in organic bug sprays; that’s also its function in the tobacco plant) believe they have a right to spew noxious, toxic, carcinogenic fumes all over the place in public?
20. Action on Smoking and Health has decreed that exposing others to secondhand smoke in any circumstance, including in the home, should make all smokers liable to criminal prosecution for homicide with depraved indifference, punishable by death in areas of the United States.
21. Someone in my lab just showed me a bright pink one. And they’re selling them with flavors like chocolate and bubble gum,” she says. “These things have nicotine, and you can tell who they’re trying to hook.
22. I understand why people use the nicotine replacement aids, but I don’t understand why people want to pretend that they’re smoking. If you had a serial killer who liked to stab people, would you give him a rubber knife?
23. They [the electronic cigarette] are a product of coercion, who would use them anywhere you could smoke?
24. There’s no doubt it [The Electronic Cigarette] can save many lives and hundreds of millions of pounds.
25. Rather than the unattainable standard of ‘safe’ we should be thinking in terms of ‘safer’. Despite the risks associated with soccer, I would, for instance, prefer my children play soccer rather than play with live hand grenades.
Have we missed any good quotes here? Please let me know in the comments below.
Leave a comment: