Over 2,000,000 people in the UK now vape.
A third of those have stopped smoking, while two thirds have already successfully reduced the tobacco consumption.
Unknown numbers of ex-smokers have stopped using both cigarettes and electronic cigarettes.
It’s a massive gateway AWAY from smoking.
But that could all change if the UK follows the path of Spain.
How Regulation Lead to a 70% Decrease in Vaping
Wales and Scotland want to ban ecigs in public places. Spain has already done so, and the results are clear.
- a 70% decrease in the number of people vaping
- a 60% decrease in the number of vaping shops, with another 20% predicted to follow
Like the Welsh government did last year, the Spanish government has also attacked the safety and effectiveness of electronic cigarettes. That’s despite the fact that:
- scientists believe ecigarettes could be 100 times or more safer than cigarettes
- an ASH study shows that ecigs are NOT a gateway to smoking
- a new French study, used by the Welsh government as evidence for a smoking ban, suggests that ecigarettes have HALVED the rate of youth smoking
- new evidence shows that ecigarettes are 60% more effective than nicotine gum and patches
The Spanish National Vaping Association (ANEV) believes that the reason for government attacks on ecigs is simple.
To protect the profits of large pharmaceutical companies (which, as we have pointed out before, are lobbying hard against the ecigarettes which compete with smoking cessation aids and drugs.)
Of course, the regulations will also destroy many jobs and small businesses.
But it seems clear that, despite lip service our EU, national and regional governments care little about either our jobs or our lives.
Also see ECig Advanced‘s coverage of the same story. If you found this post of value, please share using one of the share buttons below 😉