Got a gurgling noise when you inhale on your e-cigarette? Or simply not getting much vapour (but without the burned taste that goes with a burnt out atomiser?)
You probably have a flooded atomiser.
The good news is that flooded atomisers are easy to clear, and you should be back to vaping in no time.
How to Clear a Flooded Atomiser
There are numerous ways to clear an atomiser (see our e-book for more advanced strategies), but we are sticking to the simplest ways here.
1. Turn it upside down and leave to drain.
2. Hold it to your mouth and blow through it to clear some of the e-liquid out. (One of our customers sucks the e-liquid out with a baby aspirator. (Presumably her children now no longer require the aspirator 🙂 ))
3. Put an empty cartridge on the atomiser and simply use up the e-liquid. (But be careful not to burn out the atomiser.)
4. Bonus method: This comes from Stewart Olliphant on our Facebook page:
Handy hint, if your atomiser for the tank stops working, try using a steredent tablet in a cup of water, leave over night, flush with clean water, bingo, like new, it takes a few drags to return to normal as you need to flush the water through, but it’s worked for me and revitalised my atomisers!
Atomisers – the buggers don’t last forever!
Simply put, atomisers don’t last forever, and sooner or later your atomiser will simply give up the ghost and die. Signs of a detoriating atomiser can be:
- decreasing amount of vapour
- strange or burnt taste
- just not working!
That’s why we brought in cartomisers several years ago – combining atomisers in disposable cartridges did away with atomiser problems. However, vapers who want to experiment enjoy the freedom refillable e-cigarettes give, which means dealing with atomisers (at least, until our new refillable cartomisers are in!)
If you bought your atomiser from us, it’ll be under a three month warranty (you’ll also get two free atomisers when you buy 6 bottles of our imported e-liquid range).
Everything You Need to Know!
In our free e-book, The Guide to Refillable Electronic Cigarettes by vaping expert Steve Kryworuka, Steve covers more strategies for:
- direct dripping
- how to fill cartridges
- drip tips
- atomiser maintenance
- how to clean an atomiser
Got a great atomiser tip? Why not leave share it below in the comments.