Got a gurgling noise when you inhale on your e-cigarette? Or simply not getting much vapour (but without the burned taste that goes with a burnt out atomiser?)
You probably have a flooded coil.
The good news is that flooded atomisers are easy to clear, and you should be back to vaping in no time.
How to Clear a Flooded Coil
There are numerous ways to clear a coil, but we are sticking to the simplest ways here.
1. Turn it upside down and leave to drain.
2. Hold it to your mouth and blow through it to clear some of the e-liquid out. (One of our customers sucks the e-liquid out with a baby aspirator. (Presumably her children now no longer require the aspirator 🙂 ))
3. Put an empty cartridge on the atomiser and simply use up the e-liquid. (But be careful not to burn out the atomiser.)
4. Bonus method: This comes from Stewart Olliphant on our Facebook page:
Handy hint, if your atomiser for the tank stops working, try using a steredent tablet in a cup of water, leave over night, flush with clean water, bingo, like new, it takes a few drags to return to normal as you need to flush the water through, but it’s worked for me and revitalised my atomisers!
For even more methods, including prevention, see 14 Easy Ways to Stop Your Tank From Leaking.
Coils – they don’t last forever!
Simply put, vape coils don’t last forever, and sooner or later your coil will simply give up the ghost and die. Signs of a deteoriating coils can be:
- decreasing amount of vapour
- strange or burnt taste
- just not working!
That’s why we brought in cartomisers several years ago – combining atomisers in disposable cartridges did away with atomiser problems. However, vapers who want to experiment enjoy the freedom refillable e-cigarettes give, which means dealing with coils (at least, until our new refillable cartomisers are in!)