Smok’s Alien 220 Mod is a formidable device, packing great punch and features into a sturdy feeling and reasonably sized frame.
With it’s large OLED screen displaying all the information you need (Power/Mode/Battery/Volt/Amps/Ohms/PCB Temp/Puff count information are all shown). There’s no need to select different menus, and with only three buttons, the usual steep learning curve is cut out and regular usage is pretty simple.
What’s more, unlike some mods the screen is bright, making it easy to read even when it’s dark (perfect for a late night vape before bed!)
From Flavour Chasing to Massive Clouds
Having both plenty of power and a wide resistance range, as well as temp control, high capacity due to dual 18650’s AND user presets, the Smok gives you great versatility. It’s huge wattage range (up to 220 watts!) means it is is ideal for everything from flavour chasing to blowing some seriously big clouds. Smok even claim it can be used with any tank on earth!
This all makes it great for all manner of vapers, whether you want instant power, long battery life per charge, or you’re wanting to switch tanks regularly with little fuss.
Look and Feel
The Smok Alien is designed to fit the hand, making it comfortable and easy to hold, with a weightiness that adds a pleasing heft to the Alien, making it feel almost indestructible in your hand.
It also comes with a massive power button which nestles comfortably under your finger, or you can flip it and use your fingers to squeeze it into your palm, which is my preferred method. It feels almost organic to use.
User Tips and Guidelines
Installing batteries, switching on and running in power mode is fairly straightforward.
- Slide the hinged battery door to open
- Insert 2 charged 18650 batteries in the directions indicated and close the battery door
- Click the sidebar fire button 5 times to power on
- Attach atomiser and select “New coil? - Y”
- Set the appropriate power for your atomizer, and vape away!
Selecting the separate modes is simple too. Press the power and down buttons (down being the left of the two) simultaneously brings up the menu, press either up or down till you have found your prefered mode, and you’re done.
Going deeper into the options initially is slightly confusing, but easy enough once you get the gist. I am using the power settings as an example.
- Click power button 3 times in quick succession
- Scroll through and select the relevant option(s) Mode/Puffs/Settings/Power
- Hold power button down momentarily (do this to select your preferred options during each step) to access the sub menu
- Select the appropriate option. In this case the options are Watt/Temp/Memory, I’ve selected Watt.
- Select the ‘Strength’ mode (Hard/Medium/Soft) which controls the ramp up.
- With this example you can either hold down the power button for another second to set it, or leave it return to the home screen after approximately 3 seconds.
Having temp mode in 3 materials, stealth mode, a limiting puff counter, and a memory mode to save your settings for various tanks and atomisers, the Smok Alien is a credible and versatile unit, giving you as many options as you could need.
At ECigaretteDirect we pride ourselves on providing you with superb after-sales support, and aim to provide rapid replacements for any faulty device under warranty. This page details the warranties you get with your device, and how to get a replacement.
Your charger comes with a 12 month warranty.
All mods and batteries are under warranty for three months.
All clearomisers (tanks) with the exception of CE5 clearomisers are under warranty for six months. CE5 clearomisers (tanks) are under warranty for one month.
Please note - these warranties do not apply to the coil within a clearomiser or tank which is a consumable product as below.
Coils are a consumable product, and as such, will be replaced only if faulty on arrival. Please let us know within 5 days of receipt if your new coil does not work.
What does your warranty mean?
We guarantee that your device is, and will remain, free from defects for the period of the warranty. Please note - this applies to faulty products, and not accidental damage (e.g. dropping on a hard floor!)
The above warranties are subject to our terms and conditions. Please click here for further information.
What if the warranty has run out?
We're still here to help! Many problems can be diagnosed and solved (or we can point you towards one of our helpful guides), so send us an email, give us a call for advice or pop into one of our stores for face-to-face support and help.
How do I get a replacement?
In the unlikely event you have a problem with your device, just contact our friendly customer service team on [email protected]
You’ll need to return the item (we can arrange pick up free of charge). If we are unable to diagnose and solve your issue, we’ll send you a replacement by Royal Mail First Class. It helps if you have your order number, but if not our team should be able to find your order using your email address.
Delivery & Returns
Hassle Free Returns and Fast Delivery, Free Over £20
Order before 3pm for next day delivery.
At ECigaretteDirect we understand delivery speed is incredibly important. After all, if you’ve switched from cigarettes to vaping, you don’t want to wait for your vape!
That’s why if you place an order before 3pm Mon-Fri, it’ll be shipped the same day.
What’s more, if you place an order over £20.00 you get FREE delivery.
Delivery Prices and Speeds
Royal Mail 1st Class Standard Delivery
£2.99 or FREE for orders over £20
1-2 working days if purchase completed before 3pm.
Parcels ship Monday - Friday excluding bank holidays. 95% of orders arrive next day.
- Signature required for orders over £40.00.
- Orders over £40.00 are sent by recorded delivery.
Next Working Day Courier Delivery (DPD)
£3.99 or FREE for orders over £40
Next working day.
Parcels ship Monday - Friday excluding bank holidays.
- Tracked - signature required
- 1 Hour Estimated Time Slot
Depends on country
Parcels ship Monday - Friday excluding bank holidays.
Delivery times 9-21 days depending on country.
See here for countries we deliver to.
- Tracked except for Australia.
Unfortunately, we can no longer deliver to addresses outside the UK but in the EU due to new EU regulations.
Hassle-Free Returns - & 90 Days to Change Your Mind
Need to return an item? We aim to make the process as easy as possible (it’s also free!).
We can arrange for a free pickup or for your product to be sent back free of charge. There’s no need to fill in a complicated form - just send an email to our friendly customer service team on [email protected], give us a call on 01792 852843 or use this contact form.
When can I make a return?
When you have an unwanted present or have changed your mind - you’ve got 90 days to decide as long as you haven’t used the product ;)
You have a faulty product under warranty.
You can see our full returns policy in our terms and conditions here.
Not in the UK?
We also ship internationally, including Australia and New Zealand. You can see the full list of countries here.
The Right and Wrong Ways to Treat Batteries!
Following these simple steps can help you get the most out of your e-cigarette battery.
Battery Safety Information
- Ensure you use the correct charging equipment for your e-cig (see below).
- Charge batteries on a hard surface.
- Turn your battery off when not in use.
- Use damaged batteries.
- Leave charging batteries unattended.
- Allow contact between your batteries and water.
- Carry in a pocket with coins or keys. (The KBag is a great way to carry batteries securely and safely).
- Expose your battery to sunlight, extreme heat or cold.
For more information see our E-Cig Battery Safety Infographic.
Recommended Charging Equipment
We recommend the Veho Plug Adaptor and the Nitecore Intelli charger (for external batteries). Both are high quality devices from a reputable manufacturer, have performed well in testing and have the right voltage output for e-cigs.
Extending Your E-Cig Battery Life
With regular usage, your e-cig battery will usually last for 3 months, although they can last longer. The following steps can help extend the life of your battery
- Cleaning your battery terminal. The most effective way to do this is to use a cotton swab soaked in alcohol, but you can also clean it with a tissue or a cotton swab.
- Keeping your battery charged. Keeping some charge in your battery can extend your battery life, especially if you go for some time without using it.