How to Use The Vision Spinner 2
The latest variable voltage battery on ECigaretteDirect is the Vision Spinner 2 1650mAh. We’ve added this to our range of e-cig batteries because the Vision Spinner V2 offers you:
- peace of mind with built in short circuit detector
- an end to unexpectedly dead batteries with a handy power indicator
- automatic battery cut out, which helps extend battery life
- a longer battery life with a powerful 1650 mAh capacity battery
- proven reliability
- a sleek, fashionable look with 10 super colours to choose from
- an upgraded PCB control head
In addition, when the battery is almost depleted, an automatic cut out will turn the battery off, preventing degradation of the battery cell and extending the device life.
The Vision 2 remains simple to use, and will suit vapers using variable voltage for the first time, while more advanced vapers will be able to utilise different resistance coils for optimal performance.
Vision Spinner V2: Instructions
1. How to Turn The Vision Spinner On and Off
As with other e-cigarette batteries, simply click the V button five times to turn the battery on or off.
2. How to Charge the Vision Spinner
i. What Charger To Use
Like all ecig batteries, the Vision Spinner must be charged using a compatible charger. The Vision 1650 requires a standard USB eGo charger such as the Halo Tank Charger.
Use of non-standard chargers such as iPhone or iPad chargers invalidates the warranty, may lead to the damage or destruction of the battery and unwanted consequences. See battery safety below for more information.
ii. Charging Times
Like other e-cigarette batteries, you should always give your Vision Spinner an initial charge of at least 4 hours, even if it appears fully charged or is already holding some charge. This conditions the battery and ensures a longer battery life overall. Once the battery is conditioned, you will typically need to charge a low battery for three to four hours.
If the battery does not charge immediately, tap the button once to activate charging.
iii. What The Charging Lights Mean
Red: Indicates the battery needs charging.
Green: Indicate the battery is fully charged.
(see image above)
iv. How The Built In Power Indicator Works
In addition, the Vision Spinner also comes with a handy charging light, which will help you avoid unexpectedly running out of power! The lights are as follows:
3. How to Use the Variable Voltage Function on the Vision Spinner 2
Beginners can often be put off by the phrase variable voltage, but with the Vision Spinner 1650 it simply couldn’t be easier.
The Vision II features four different voltages:
- 3.3 V
- 3.8 V
- 4.3 V
- 4.8 V
To change the voltage, simply rotate the spinner at the end of the device until the red line aligns with the voltage required.
A higher voltage will lead to a greater throat hit and increased vapor production. In addition, you will find that different voltages suit different flavours – for example, I always like to use a lower voltage when vaping menthol e-liquid. Again, do check out our Battery Tutorial if you need further explanation.
4. What is the Vision Spinner compatible with?
The Vision Spinner fits all 510/Ego threaded clearomisers. However, we recommend it for use with the Aspire Bottom Dual Coil Clearomiser or Aspire Nautilus Mini. Not only does the additional power work well with these clearomisers, they also allow you to maximise the potential of variable voltage batteries by using different resistance atomisers in the different clearomisers.
5. What Resistance (Ohms) Should You Use With The Vision Spinner 2
Of course, to get the perfect combination for you, you will want to experiment with different voltages and atomiser resistances. (If you haven’t used different resistance atomisers before, make sure you check out our Ultimate Guide to Clearomisers).
However, if you are using the device with a clearomiser such as the Aspire Bottom Dual Clearomiser, we have found the following voltage/resistance combinations work well.
- 3.3 V: Any
- 3.8 V: 2.1Ω, 1.8Ω, 1.6Ω
- 4.3 V: 2.1Ω, 1.8Ω
- 4.8 V: Use with caution, as this voltage can quickly burn out a coil. We recommend a higher resistance than 2.1Ω if using this voltage.
The Vision Spinner’s upgraded protection system automatically detects short circuits. If this happens the battery will flash three times and then power off until circuits return to normal.
In addition, the battery will automatically cut out if the button is held down for 8 seconds or longer and return to normal shortly after.
However, as with all e-cig batteries, the Vision Spinner v2 should be treated with care and respect:
- Always charge batteries on a suitable charger. (In a recent ECITA meeting, we were advised that EVERY battery incident that ECITA knew of had taken place because the incorrect charger – often an apple charger – had been used with electronic cigarette batteries).
- Never leave charging batteries unattended.
- Always charge batteries on a hard surface.
Do you still have questions about the Vision Spinner 2? If so, let us know in the comments!