Part of the popular Nord series, the Smok Nord 4 retains the classic pod design of the original device, but with the addition of a very chic leather option.
The combination of up to 80 watts of power with variable airflow means this device is capable of producing thicker, denser clouds when used with a low resistance coil. To handle the extra wattage the battery capacity has been increased from 1500mAh to 2000mAh - if you use it at the same wattage as the Nord 2, you’ll find the battery life lasts a fair bit longer.
The Nord 4 comes with 2 air inlet holes, placed on either side of the device. Designed to look like a steering wheel, these can be rotated to adjust between an airy vape suitable for higher wattages and a tighter vape suitable for lower wattages.
The wide wattage range means this is a versatile device, and by swapping out the coil for one with a lower resistance, such as the RPM Quartz 1.2 Ω coil (available separately), you’ll be able to enjoy a tight, Mouth-to-Lung inhale.
Compatible coils & e-liquids
The Smok Nord 4 can be used with both high VG and 50:50 e-liquids.
For 50:50 e-liquid, use:
- RPM pod with RPM 0.3Ω, 0.8Ω, 1.0Ω or 1.2Ω coils (not included)
- RPM2 pod with RPM 2 0.6Ω coil (not included)
For high VG e-liquid, use:
- RPM 2 pod with RPM 2 0.16Ω coil (included) or 0.25 coil (not included)
- RPM pod with RPM 0.4Ω (included) or 0.6Ω coils (not included)
- RPM 2 0.16Ω coil: 25 - 50W (best: 40W)
- RPM Mesh 0.4Ω coil: 25W
Who is the Smok Nord 4 for?
The Smok Nord 4 is great for vapers looking for a versatile device that is capable of producing both thick, dense clouds or a gentle Mouth-to-Lung vape. The high wattage range means this device is best for vapers who have some experience of variable wattage vaping.
What e-liquid should I use with the Smok Nord 4?
The RPM 2 0.4Ω coil is best used with e-liquids with a VG:PG ratio of around 60:40 to 70:30. The RPM 2 0.16Ω coil is suitable for use with e-liquids with a VG:PG ratio of 70:30 or higher.
How do I maximise the life of the coil?
If you’re switching from the Nord 2, and taking advantage of the higher wattage range, you need to take more care with the coil due to the lower resistance
You can maximise the life of your coil by:
- priming the coil before usage
- using e-liquid with the right VG:PG ratios
- not going above the recommended wattage
- topping up your tank so that the coil never dries out.
Do note that coil life depends on a number of factors including how long you puff for, the e-liquid you use and the wattage you use your coil at. You’ll also find that high resistance coils, which are used at lower wattages, last longer than low resistance coils.
Is this a Direct-Lung or a Mouth-to-Lung device?
The RPM 2 Mesh 0.16 Ω coil provides a Direct-Lung hit with thick vapour and intense material. The RPM Mesh 0.4 Ω coil provides a Direct-Lung vape with a gentle throat hit. Usually coils with a resistance as low as 0.4 Ω are Direct-Lung, but this does depend on materials used as well as resistance, and there is an increasing trend towards using low resistance coils for a Direct-Lung inhale.
Why is this called the Smok Nord 4 and not the Smok Nord 3?
Good question. Smok viewed the Smok Nord X as being the third in the Nord line, which is why this is called the Smok Nord 4, despite there being no Smok Nord 3.
- Pod detection
- Short circuit protection
- 8 seconds cut off
- Low voltage protection
- Size: Regular: 33.7 x 24.4 x 104.9 mm, Leather: 33.7 x 22.8 x 104.9 mm
- Weight: Regular: 115 g, Leather: 125 g
- Output wattage: 5 - 80 W
- Battery capacity: 2000 mAh
- Standby current: > 50 uA
- Input voltage: 3.3 - 4.2 V
- Output voltage: 0.5 - 4 V
- Resistance range: 0.15 - 2.5 Ω
- Charging voltage: 5 V +/- 0.2 V
- Charging current: 1.4 A (Max)
- Overcharge voltage: 4.3 V +/- 0.05 V
- Over Discharge voltage: 2.4 V V +/- 0.05 V
- Overcharge current: 2A +/- 0.6 A
Whats in the Box?
- 1 x Nord 4 Device
- 1 x Nord 4 RPM 2 Pod (RPM 2 mesh 0.16 Ω coil pre-installed)
- 1 x Nord 4 RPM Pod (RPM mesh 0.4 Ω coil pre-installed)
- 1 x USB-C Cable
- 1 x User Manual
At E-Cigarette Direct we pride ourselves on providing you with superb after-sales support, and aim to provide rapid replacements for any faulty device under warranty. This page details the warranties you get with your device, and how to get a replacement.
Your charger comes with a 12 month warranty.
All mods and batteries are under warranty for three months.
All clearomisers (tanks) with the exception of CE5 clearomisers are under warranty for six months. CE5 clearomisers (tanks) are under warranty for one month.
Please note - these warranties do not apply to the coil within a clearomiser or tank which is a consumable product as below.
Coils are a consumable product, and as such, will be replaced only if faulty on arrival. Please let us know within 5 days of receipt if your new coil does not work.
What does your warranty mean?
We guarantee that your device is, and will remain, free from defects for the period of the warranty. Please note - this applies to faulty products, and not accidental damage (e.g. dropping on a hard floor!)
The above warranties are subject to our terms and conditions. Please see our full warranty information for further details.
What if the warranty has run out?
We're still here to help! Many problems can be diagnosed and solved (or we can point you towards one of our helpful guides), so send us an email, give us a call for advice or pop into one of our stores for face-to-face support and help.
How do I get a replacement?
In the unlikely event you have a problem with your device, just contact our friendly customer service team on [email protected]
You’ll need to return the item (we can cover a free delivery charge). If we are unable to diagnose and solve your issue, we’ll send you a replacement by Royal Mail First Class. It helps if you have your order number, but if not our team should be able to find your order using your email address.
Delivery & Returns
Hassle Free Returns plus Free Delivery On Orders Over £15
Usually next working day*
Usually 2-4 working days*
Usually next working day (if ordered before 4pm)
Up to £14.99 £3.99 £2.49 £7.99 £15 to £19.99 £1.99 FREE £7.99 £20 + FREE - £7.99
*Estimated delivery time based on working days and does not include weekends or Bank Holidays. Delivery times vary depending on location so please take into account typical service expectations in your area.
Unfortunately, we can no longer deliver to EU addresses outside the UK due to new EU regulations.
Hassle-Free Returns - & 90 Days to Change Your Mind
Need to return an item? We aim to make the process as easy as possible (it’s also free!)
Just send an email to our friendly customer service team on [email protected], give us a call on 01792 852843 or contact us on chat.
When can I make a return?
When you have an unwanted present or have changed your mind - you’ve got 90 days to decide! Please note this only applies when you have not used the product, and it is in a resalable condition.
You have a faulty product under warranty.
You can see our full returns policy in our terms and conditions.
Not in the UK?
You can see the full list of countries we deliver to here.
Using Your Tank: Best Practice
Follow these simple steps to get the most out of your tank.
- When filling, always avoid getting e-liquid in the centre tube.
- Don’t hold down the button before inhaling.
- When attaching the coil, screw it in firmly but don’t over-tighten.
- Make sure you use the right power settings. If unsure, check the manual or start with a low power setting and work your way up till you get the right hit.
The Right and Wrong Ways to Treat Batteries!
Battery Safety Information
- Ensure you use the correct charging equipment for your e-cig (see below).
- Charge batteries on a hard surface.
- Turn your battery off when not in use.
- Use damaged batteries.
- Leave charging batteries unattended.
- Allow contact between your batteries and water.
- Carry in a pocket with coins or keys. (The Kbag is a great way to carry batteries securely and safely).
- Expose your battery to sunlight, extreme heat or cold.
For more information see our E-Cig Battery Safety Infographic.
Recommended Charging Equipment
We recommend the Veho Plug Adaptor and the Nitecore Intelli charger (for external batteries). Both are high quality devices from a reputable manufacturer, have performed well in testing and have the right voltage output for e-cigs.
Extending Your E-Cig Battery Life
With regular usage, your e-cig battery will usually last for 3 months, although they can last longer. The following steps can help extend the life of your battery
1. Cleaning your battery terminal. The most effective way to do this is to use a cotton swab soaked in alcohol, but you can also clean it with a tissue or a cotton swab.
2. Keeping your battery charged. Keeping some charge in your battery can extend your battery life, especially if you go for some time without using it.
How To Maximise the Life Of Your Coils
Always allow your e-liquid to soak into your coil for at least five minutes before using it. This will help prevent your coil from burning out.
When you have a more powerful coil, or one with more wicking material, it’s also a good idea to prime it by applying a few drops of e-liquid into the coil holes before filling.
Once you’re using the device, it is important to keep your tank topped up. If the e-liquid gets too low and the coil is exposed, the coil can burn out.
For more advice, see Seven Easy Ways to Stop Your Coil From Burning Out: