Do you use oxygen for medical purposes?
If you do, and you’re an electronic cigarette user, you might want to check out the latest advice on oxygen.
The Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association (ECITA), has been working with the British Compressed Gas Association to provide updated advice for people who use both ecigarettes and medical oxygen.
- Oxygen helps things burn – pure oxygen helps thing burn a lot!
- Ensure rooms/cars where you use oxygen are ventilated.
- Be aware that oxygen can build up on carpets, clothes and furniture.
- You should not smoke or vape when using oxygen.
- Do not charge batteries when using oxygen.
- The same applies to other electrical devices.
- Ensure that you have good ventilation when using oxygen.
- Take especial care when close to liquid oxygen containers. These can leak, and even when they are not in use and not leaking they will continue to vent Oxygen.
While we’re on the same subject, remember only to use the battery charger supplied with your e-cigarette battery.
Reputable e-cig suppliers will only supply battery chargers that come with overcharge protection (we send ours to government approved labs to ensure the overcharge protection is present and working.)
Not all chargers are suitable for use with e-cigarettes, and use with the wrong charger could lead to a potential explosion. For more information, see our Guide to ECigarette Batteries.