Here, in one place, you'll find 25, 28, 30, 32 great quotes on vaping that will shock, inform and entertain you.
(Thank you to everyone who has sent me more quotes - I have added my favourites in below!)
On E-Cig Safety
Public Health England (in association with Public Health Groups)
In July 2016 Public Health England released a statement with Public Health Groups stating:
1. We all agree that e-cigarettes are significantly less harmful than smoking. One in two lifelong smokers dies from their addiction.
Source: Public Health England
Professor Carl Phillips
2. "Three months of additional smoking poses a greater risk to someone’s health, on average, than a lifetime of using a low-risk alternative."
Source: ECigarette Politics
David Sweanor: Former Advisor to the WHO on Tobacco Control
3. "Safe doesn't exist. But electronic cigarettes are low risk compared to regular cigarettes. It's the equivalent of having a four-wheel-drive Volvo compared to a high-powered motorcycle with bald tires in an ice storm.:
4. "Rather than the unattainable standard of ‘safe’ we should be thinking in terms of ‘safer’. Despite the risks associated with soccer, I would, for instance, prefer my children play soccer rather than play with live hand grenades."
Source: An Interview with David Sweanor
Cohn and Siegel
5. "...they [electronic cigarettes] are undoubtedly safer than tobacco cigarettes." Click to tweet this quote
Source: Palgrave Journals
6. "Electronic cigarettes are a potential lifeboat. No, they have not been tested and approved by the FDA.
"But if you were in a sinking ship, would you remain in the ship because the lifeboats had not been FDA-tested and approved?"
Source: Tobacco Analysis Blog
Dr J Nitzkin, AAPHP
7. “If we get all tobacco smokers to switch from regular cigarettes to electronic cigarettes, we would eventually reduce the US death toll from more than 400,000 a year to less than 4,000, maybe as low as 400.”
David Halpern, UK Government Nudge Unit
8. "There’s no doubt it [The Electronic Cigarette] can save many lives and hundreds of millions of pounds." Click to tweet this quote
Source: Daily Mail
Dr Murray Laugesen: Health New Zealand
9. "...inhaling mist from the e-cigarette is rated several orders of magnitude (100 to 1000 times) less dangerous than smoking tobacco cigarettes."
Source: Health New Zealand
Deborah Arnott, Action of Smoking and Health
10. "...in comparison to tobacco products they are safer by several orders of magnitude." Click to tweet this link
Deborah still supports regulation which would outlaw all ecigarettes today.
Professor John Britton, chair of the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians 11. "If all the smokers in Britain stopped smoking cigarettes and started smoking e-cigarettes we would save 5 million deaths in people who are alive today. It’s a massive potential public health prize."
On the Popularity of Vaping
Professor Linda Bauld, Cancer Research UK12. "The British public have voted with their feet and are choosing to use e-cigarettes. This is a positive choice, and we should promote it."
On Passive Vaping
13. "…new research shows that nicotine emitted by e-cigs combines with chemicals in the air to form extremely potent cancer-causing chemicals which adhere to surfaces like seats and carpeting where they linger and further expose unsuspecting passengers."
Professor Siegel later responded:
“This is an outright lie. There is no such evidence. No study has ever been done which documents that vaping results in the formation of carcinogens that adhere to surfaces, and no study has ever been done which documents that vaping on airplanes results in the deposition of such carcinogens or to carcinogen exposure among passengers.”
Source: Tobacco Analysis Blog
Freedom to Choose
14. "They [the electronic cigarette] are a product of coercion, who would use them anywhere you could smoke?"
Official position of pro-smoking website Freedom to Choose in 2011
On the Tobacco Control Lobby
15. "Stakeholders who wish to hold on to the past will be the forgotten ones when we look back ten to fifteen years from now. They can exit gracefully as the environment continues to change, but I know that some will go kicking and screaming unfortunately."
Source: An Interview with Scott Ballin
On The Modern E-Cigarette
Herbert A Gilbert
16. "There is no electric cigarette today, that I have seen, that does not follow the basic road map set forth in my original patent."
David Sweanor in the LA Times
17. "E-Cigarettes are, 'exactly what the tobacco companies have been afraid of all these years' – a tobacco-free cigarette alternative."
Source: LA Times
Professor JF Etter at the ECigaretteSummit
18. "You can not stop a tsunami with a law." Tweet this link
Deborah Arnott: Action on Smoking and Health at the ECigarette Summit
19. "...ecig manufacturers don't understand how their own products work."
Jeremy Mean, MHRA at the ECigarette Summit
20. "Vaper's don't want the next new flavour, they just want a droplet of nicotine delivered to their lungs." Click to tweet this quote
Dick Puddlecote on the proposed regulations
21. "How e-cigs are supposed to take off is anyone's guess."
Under the current proposals, no-one would know they (ecigs) exist, if they were allowed to exist at all." Click to tweet this quote
22. "The dream of a tobacco-free, nicotine-free world is just that – a dream!" Click to tweet this quote
Chris Snowden, author and blogger at Velvet Glove Iron Fist
23. "...once e-cigarette use hits critical mass, the revolution will become unstoppable." Click to tweet this post
Source: What's next for EU Vapers?
Kate from Vaper's Network
24. "They're prepared to sacrifice millions of lives to keep themselves on top." Click to tweet this quote
Chris Price on consequences of an e-cigarette ban
25. "it will ... be the first time in history that the public have had to revert to the black market for safer products in order to stay alive and healthy."
Source: ECigarette Politics
26. Elaine Keller: Vaping Advocate from CASAA
'Why is YOUR concern about my "addiction" to nicotine more important than MY concern about getting lung cancer?" Click to tweet this quote
Why the ECigarette Should Be Banned
Dr Jonathan Whiteson:
27. "…there’s no proof that these cigarettes are safe. No proof whatsoever. They are made in China."
Source: Made in China
28. "I understand why people use the nicotine replacement aids, but I don’t understand why people want to pretend that they’re smoking.
"If you had a serial killer who liked to stab people, would you give him a rubber knife?" Click to tweet this quote
29. "Someone in my lab just showed me a bright pink one. And they’re selling them with flavors like chocolate and bubble gum...These things have nicotine, and you can tell who they’re trying to hook."
Dr Florante Trindad of The WHO
30. "While regular cigarettes have a filter, [with] this delivery device the electronic cigarette, the nicotine goes directly to the lungs."
Source: Filipino News Broadcast
James Reilly, Irish Minister for Health at the EPSCO Press Conference:
31. "Less toxic does not mean more healthy for me."
An Italian MEP to the European Council on Loss of Tax Revenue
32. "Can the Council state what action it intends to take to address the differences in tax revenue materialising in State coffers following the proliferation of electronic cigarettes, which currently appear to be free from any form of duty?"
Source: ECigarette Tobacco Tax
Since this quote Italy has announced a tax on electronic cigarettes.
33. "Certainly large pharmaceutical companies with interests in stop-smoking medicines provide very substantial financial support to some of the ‘public health’ groups that are calling for e-cigarettes to be banned."
Source: An Interview with Adrian Payne
On Falling in Love With E-Cigarettes
34. "I watched while the LED light that simulates the red ember of a burning cigarette glowed in response to my pull on the E-Cig, and as I pulled away and breathed in, I fell in love.
"There was the kick I had been craving; there was the feeling of something in my hand; there was the 'smoke' that danced from my mouth like a frozen whisper."
Source: Sur La Terre Magazine
35.'The door to the fire escape has been locked, because the landing outside "might be wet or slippery".'Suggested by Peter Stigaard. We're not sure who this quote is from, so if you know please leave a note in the comments!
More Great Quotes
If you found this post of value, please consider sharing it using one of the buttons below.
Thank you ;)